Walt Disney World Resort (WDW) in Orlando, Florida, is home to 4 Theme Parks, 2 Water Parks, and a Shopping District as well as numerous resorts, golf courses, and even a wedding pavilion. These components as well as the numerous festivals, hard-ticketed events (think: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very-Merry-Christmas Party), nighttime spectaculars, and runDisney events are what bring millions of guests to Central Florida each year.
Did you know 2018 is a fantastic time to visit WDW? This year celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Animal Kingdom Park as well as the 25th Anniversary of the International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. There are also some incredible new additions, changes and updates planned. Some highlights of things to look forward to this year are:
- Dining Plan Changes
- Addition of specialty drinks and alcohol (for guests 21 years of age or older) included in plans
- The Summer opening of Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios
- Up Show at Animal Kingdom Park will be replacing Flights of Wonder
- The new show will feature Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and Dug as they discover species of birds from around the world at the Caravan Theater in Anandapur Village.
- Disney Skyliner transportation
- Disney Springs to welcome 8 new dining locations
- The dining locations set to make their grand debuts at Disney Springs this year include The Edison, along with Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, Enzo’s Hideaway and Pizza Ponte are scheduled to open early in the year, while Terralina Crafted Italian, Wine Bar George, Jaleo and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill are set to debut later on in the year.
- Resort Updates
- Expect many of Caribbean Beach Resort upgrades to be finished this year.
WDW Vacation Qualities
What do you look for when you travel? Is it your first time to WDW or do you frequent the parks? Do you have a fear of missing out (FOMO)? Are you all about tradition? Are you unsure of the best time to visit WDW? Do you have an idea of what you’re looking for, but aren’t sure where to start in the planning process?
Begin with a visual representation of how the options at WDW can work for your vacation, here: Walt Disney World Resort.
No matter what level you are in with regards to your Disney experience or what you’re looking for in your vacation (i.e. family trip, couple’s trip, military, runDisney participant, etc.), MVB can plan it!
Free Consultation Request
Now that you’ve seen what Walt Disney World has to offer, ready to get started? Please click the button below:
*Already booked, but would like some advice? If it’s been within 30 days, I can still help by providing any of the services above! *